PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative: The PhD student sponsorship initiative established and sponsored by the MTT-S Administrative Committee will be back for Microwave Week 2016!
This initiative, established and sponsored by the IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students and Masters Students on PhD track worldwide. The initiative provides sponsorship to attend IMS2016 and (optional) RFIC 2016 in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Sponsorship includes:
- 5 nights accommodation (Check in 22 May 2016, Check out 27 May 2016)
- Complimentary IMS2016 Registration
- Optional Complimentary RFIC 2015 Registration (additional night, 21 May, accommodation will be given to attend RFIC 2016)
- Meals over the conference dates (continental breakfast)
To qualify for an award:
- All applicants must be IEEE MTT-S Student Members.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement.
- Supervisors are expected to pay for transportation to/from San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Successful applicants are expected to volunteer (1 day) helping IMS2016 team.
- Successful applicants are expected to be present at the IMS2016 from Sunday until Friday afternoon. If also attending RFIC, attendance is required from Saturday until Friday afternoon.
- Three reports assignment: work in a team of 3 to present evaluation of one presented paper, one poster paper and a short report about one product from the exhibition. Additional report will be required for RFIC attendees on one presented paper or poster.
- Applications may only be submitted through supervisors.
- Each research group may submit up to 4 applications.
- Past PhD students awardees are not eligible.
- This sponsorship is aimed at students who have not attended the IMS/RFIC before.
- All MTT-S Fellowship/Scholarship recipients cannot apply to this initiative.
06 March 2016 Deadline for applications submissions
- The IEEE MTT-S reserves the rights to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources if necessary
- Students are responsible for their own travel insurance.
Submit your application through the on-line IMS-PHD-SSI form.
Once you submit the form, your supervisor will receive an email to provide a recommendation letter. The recommendation letter must be received by 6 March 2016.