The International Microwave Symposium (IMS) is the most prestigious conference in the field of RF and microwave engineering. Each year the event attracts thousands of people from all over the world. The organization of IMS requires the work of scores of people. Volunteers are an essential element required to achieve a successful conference.
To be eligible as a student volunteer, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full‐time or part‐time undergraduate or graduate student at a university;
- Be friendly, cordial, punctual, and willing to serve;
- Complete and submit the student volunteer application by the deadline (TBA);
- Work a minimum of 2 full days (4 half days).
Benefits of being a student volunteer
There are several benefits of being a volunteer:
- Eligible volunteers will receive free registration (details will be sent to volunteers by email);
- Eligible volunteers will receive a free workshop for each full day of additional work (half day for a half day workshop);
- Food and beverages will be provided during hours of service, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks;
- All volunteers will be eligible to win great raffle prizes and have the opportunity to attend special events;
- All volunteers are invited to attend the Student Reception on Tuesday and the Student Awards Luncheon on Thursday;
- Volunteering is a good way to explore being active in your professional society and may provide opportunities to interact with professionals in academia and industry.
- Transportation and lodging are NOT included as benefits
Overview of volunteer duties
Student volunteers are absolutely vital to the daily conference logistics and operations. Student volunteers will be asked to:
- Provide organizational assistance for technical workshops, forums, panels, competitions or interactive sessions;
- Distribute workshop/short course materials to IMS2017 participants;
- Assist with on site registration, check‐in to short courses, workshops and technical sessions;
- Greet workshop attendees and, possibly, answer a few questions.